Generally there is no DVD ROM o CD ROM in the net book computers of 10.1 inch or smaller. Now how you can install operating system on those net books. Only solution is using external CD ROM or DVD ROM. But its not so available. Now you can make your pen drive bootable and use it to install operating system. For this you have to follow these simple steps:
- Insert the pen drive to the computer which has DVD ROM in it and connect it.
- Now open run or press win+r .
- In the new window type cmd.
- In the new window type DISKPART.
- In the next window type LIST DISK and press enter.
- Now write SELECT DISK 1.
- Now write the following code
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
SELECT PARTITION 1
- Now minimize the window.
- Now insert the windows 7 or vista DVD into the DVD ROM.
- Let your drive letter of your DVD ROM and PEN DRIVE be I & J.
- Maximize the minimized window and write I:CD BOOT Ges CD BOOT
- Now write BOOTSECT.exe /NT60 J: and press enter.
- Now copy all files of the DVD to the pen drive.
Now your pen drive has become bootable. You can use it to install the operating system that you have copied. This don`t works on windows xp.